Apnea monitors are covered for infants who meet specific medical criteria.
The ADP will not provide funding assistance for items purchased before the date that the prescribing physician or nurse practitioner signs the ADP Application for Funding for Respiratory Equipment and Supplies form.
Any permanent resident of Ontario who has a valid Health Card issued in their name, has a respiratory illness or dysfunction resulting in a need for respiratory equipment and supplies and meets the ADP medical eligibility criteria.
ADP does not pay for equipment available under the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board or to Group "A" veterans for their pensioned conditions.
ADP does not provide funding assistance to people residing in acute or chronic care hospitals and long-term care home.
To receive funding assistance for the following devices you must be assessed by a physician or nurse practitioner, preferably a specialist in respiratory illness:
The physician or nurse practitioner will identify the equipment and supplies you require and confirm your eligibility for ADP funding assistance.
To receive funding assistance for CPAP/APAP/BPAP: you must be assessed by a physician who works at a sleep clinic registered with the ADP.
Eligibility for ADP funding assistance is based on established medical eligibility criteria and is different for each product.
An Application for Funding for Respiratory Equipment and Supplies form must be submitted to the ADP. The form is completed and signed by you or your agent, the physician or nurse practitioner, and the ADP registered vendor.
For respiratory equipment the ADP pays 75% of the ADP approved price. You will pay the remaining 25%.
For apnea/cardiorespiratory monitors, the ADP funds 75% of the ADP approved monthly rental price.
For the supplies associated with suction machines and tracheostomy tubes, you will receive an annual grant.
If you are receiving social assistance benefits from Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program or Assistance to Children with Severe Disabilities you may be eligible to receive more funding assistance.
Many will. If you have private medical coverage, check with your insurer or agent to see if they will pay your share of the cost.
Equipment must be purchased from a respiratory vendor of your choice registered with the ADP. We advise you to shop around among ADP registered vendors as services may vary.
Supplies may be purchased from any vendor or supplier of your choice, regardless of their registration status with the ADP, who sells these products.
If you experience a change in your medical condition please see your physician or nurse practitioner for an assessment of your needs.
If your equipment is not in good working order and cannot be repaired at a reasonable cost, the ADP may contribute towards the cost of a replacement, if the device is no longer under warranty.
ADP will not pay for the replacement of equipment lost, stolen or damaged through misuse. You are encouraged to buy private insurance to cover these possibilities.